9.04.2010

Hong Kong Pt. 3

I found some time to hop on the gondola, as you can (almost) see in this picture it is close to the airport.


The view was spectacular.


We ascended into the clouds,


until we were totally surrounded by them.


This is the destination, but not the goal.


Buddha is difficult to reach, Jesus Christ is not :)


Buddha has a mighty view of a mighty creation.


If you look closely, you can see gondola chairs and a plane just post take-off.


Descending


When I alighted from the gondola I had a walkabout.


I took a ferry back to the island.


I am on a boat, both literally and how the urban dictionary defines it.


The ferry dropped me off near Kowloon, from where I continued on to the Hong Kong park. Located in the middle of Hong Kong's financial center, mingling with sky scraping monsters and revenue vampires sits an ecological park. Ying and Yang. Albeit synthetic in many ways, it was very stimulating.


Here is a fish.


The park was full of rare birds, six hundred in total (tens of which were different species). The birds' collective song along with the plant life were almost enough to make me forget I was in a metropolis.




1 comment:

Luminary of Day said...

You are really something, James. Thanks for this.