I'm writing this in one of Nanning's McDonalds'. I arrived at about 5:30 and have been studying here waiting for someone to wake up. I had no idea I could get wireless here, what a treat! The train ride was really fun, save for my bed-mate's snoring. I ended up not sleeping, but when he was awake the two of us conversed much, some of which I understood, lots of which I didn't. When we arrived in Nanning he forced me into a taxi with him (not in a creepy way, in the over-hospitable Chinese way).
"你去哪里啊?“
”。。。最近的McDonalds"
"好,我带你去吧!“
"我走路去吧”
“还要带你去。。。”
”不客气,不客气,我自己去啊, 没关系。“
”没问题, 没问题,来来来“
”。。。。好的“
He ended up walking me to the nearest McDonalds at 5:30am, all the while offering to carry all of my stuff, exchanging phone numbers, and etc. This is classic Chinese hospitality, people will absolutely make sure you are taken care of, it is almost beyond nice.
Thanks Holmie!
No comments:
Post a Comment