I'm marking this day as a heavy success. After having an hour long massage yesterday and a full day's hiatus from planche, this morning's sun felt brighter, and it's air pollutant free. I started running some errands as I often do in the morning. After a guaco-breakfast I set sail to the University where my overseas studying inquiries for the fourth day in a row fell on closed doors, absent higher-ups. The only deterrent, and a small one at that. Because post 'da-xue wo dao' The Forks to skate/work. I felt comfortable on my board for the first time in months. The feeling confidence and stability on a skateboard is narry matched by another. My back is still in a considerable amount of discomfort, but for that first hour's time being, heavenly. On my bicycle ride home I was intercepted by the always jovial Andy Larkin. Himself, Markself, and Bradyself listened to records while I put the finishing touches on the bicycle I'm building. I feel really accomplished actually, I've never built up a bicycle without constantly nagging Bram for help. I don't have a camera right now, but I'll try to post pictures of it later. I proceeded to ride my fresh cycle avec Megan to the LoPub where some local bands (I forget their names) played beautiful music. They both sounded like if the Strokes and Interpol had a pre-mature baby. And that is by every means a compliment, because Norah was a preemy, and she's lovely. Between Interpol and the Strokes (as I've decided to call them in lieu of their actual names) Leigh DJ'd. I was able to release a couple months worth of pent up dance.
SUCCESS! wicked wicked wicked rad. It's good to be home. It's good to see familiar faces. Winnipeg really does house a lot of beautiful people.
No comments:
Post a Comment