A recent phenomenon has occured as a result of Winnipeg's lusterless attempt at adapting to a legitimately growing alternative transportation avenue. Spraypainted stencils of bicycles can now be seen and ignored on roads all over Winnipeg. I'm not sure what to think of this yet. Local drivers will forcably become more tolerant of cyclists just by virtue of the ever expanding retirees of keys. I'm not convinced stencils are needed. In typical form, we happen to be eons behind any other major city in this area of transport. I'm hoping these cute little doodles on the road will at least take the edge off the general surliness cyclists recieve from motorists, but I also wish that money could be spent on fixing our roads so we don't have to dodge in and out of lanes to avoid being swallowed by pot holes, a likely contribution to the malcontents.
Ride a bike, it's more fun, it's more healthy, it's more.
Graham's Bike Report: To be finished tomorrow! Hopefully. Got the last of the parts today, chopped the bars, chopped the seat post, clip brake. Only assembly is needed (I'm seriously hoping anyway).
No comments:
Post a Comment