6.17.2008

A nervous tic motion of the head

I bicycled North to the edge of Kunming, it was a difficult ride, and it wasn't until I arrived at nearly the top of a giant hill that I realized why. I thought the bottom bracket of my Chinese-whip had seized, or some cheaply made bearing in the back wheel. Turns out it was just the elevation that was hindering my speed.
That which goes up must come down, and I did so in a hurry.

On my decent I plummeted with a velocity greater than that which my legs could produce in the highest gear of my 10-speed. I nearly died when a truck cut me off in the bike-lane, forcing me to decide whether to collide into the bike-lane divider, or scoot sans shoulder-check into the big-kids lane. I chose the latter, closed my eyes, and opened them a short time later thankful to be alive.


No comments: