6.01.2008

Eating Habits.

The food here is delicious. I've never eaten so many things that I anticipated regretting. Lotus root, lychee, tongue, lung, red-bean everything. Hah, it's all worked out though. It's funny that the easiest Mandarin word for me to remember is 'ledoutza'. (pinyin sp??). Which means diarrhea. I've managed to avoid ledoutza thus far...so bring on the ethnicity!

Once in awhile though, you just feel like eating a delicious quarter pounder. McDonald's here is great. They have coconut pies instead of apple pies, and the birds are actually hot! Shocking.

The picture below (I think) is a pretty common breakfast. The drink is milk-tea, and it is dangerously tasty. In Mandarin, milk tea is called 'nigh cha', which sounds similar to, 'Deadly Nightshade'. Well not really, but it's just a humorous substitute. I drink the deadly nightshade everyday, it will be the death of me. The other foodstuffs pictured are sweet buns with red-bean stuffed inside of them (red bean is in nearly everything here), a misleading tart with lemon inside, and a deep-fried piece of sweet bread. Wait, I'll change the latter to being the death of me.


No comments: