6.02.2008

Battle Commander/Axe

Because I am a big baby, and cry myself to sleep every night because I can't skateboard, I've decided the best way to console myself is with...material possessions!! Obviously???

But for real, bicycling is the next best thing, and I have a growing problem with bicycle purchases.

So I bought this bicycle because it was the one that looked the most like a spaceship. Hah, just kidding. It's exponentially more enjoyable than the bus, besides, there's enough pollution here as is. I have a feeling though, that the Chinese workmanship I paid 700 yuan ($100 CAD) for will eventually bite me in the tukkus.



Me and JP went on a bike trip to the edge of the city with my fresh whip and his similarly styled spacecraft. I can't begin to explain how fun and hectic it is. Lane-splitting two-way traffic hillbombing is ill-advised but unavoidable. I'm thankful for gears. Traffic lights are merely suggestive, and motorists are dangerously tolerable of your antics. It feels similar to biking in Winnipeg rush-hour, except every hour is rush hour. The only difference is here the motorists are watching out for you.

-Which reminds me, dear roommates: Have I received any goods in the mail??

-Dear Evan and Andrew: I left my computer on in hopes that you would never need my password, what happened? I'm really not keen on letting my password float through zero's and one's right into the hands of the Chinese governing forces. It would mean I have to change every password I have. Really sorry. I'll have to explain when I get home...

No comments: