12.01.2008

I Say Cilantro, You Say Coriander

Alright you pawns, as a result of a few requests, you are now free to comment, so comment on!
-
我昨天有一开会, 现在找教书的工作, 但是找不到, 因为我马上走。 我下下个星期到成都去, 没办法工作很久。
I had a job interview yesterday, they were going to give me one too, but then I told them I was only here for two more weeks. I knew I wasn't going to get the job based on this fact, but I wanted to have an interview, just for the experience.
-
I went to Starbucks yesterday because McDonalds was too hot to study in. There are many things wrong with that sentence, there are many things wrong with my earlier Chinese sentences, there are many things wrong with cell phones, but there are the most things wrong with Starbucks. I went into Starbucks though, and not just to look this time. I had five hours without a home to go to, so I went somewhere with conditioned air, soft comfortable seats, and a horribly pretentious demographic who's bantering I was glad to not understand. If I'm going to have to drop trow I'd like to drop them myself without somebody else's covert cunning, which has now been a recurring event. Starbucks seemed like a perfect candidate. After reading a few chapters from 'Survivor', I fell asleep to a woman from just across my table's irritating cell-phone gaming. The same four second jingle on loop, over, and over. I woke up to it some time later as well, but the woman from across the table was no longer cell-phoning. This made me conclude that it was in fact my cell phone, in my pocket. Some gaming function (I didn't even know I had games?) must've been activated while I was shifting about, losing myself via Palahniuk.
It was then that I realized, at that moment, I was every single thing I hated about cell-phones, Starbucks, and....mass corporate consumption!!!!
I left immediately, embarrassed, ashamed, and depressed.
-
Poison Script- This post is ripe with cynicism, truth is I'm still having the time of my life and have never been happier! I think I've been reading Chuck P. for too long...

1 comment:

Drex said...

Chuck can do that to ya. Glad to be able to comment. Don't stress on responding to 'em, and keep having a great time!