4.19.2009

Grind Date

-------
English is an undeniable craze here in China, among our circle of friends 'English-name' has become a verb. Here are some of the English names that I come into contact with regularly:

T-Rex
Yellow
Too Cool
Pirate
Levi's
Element
Duck
------
Just in case you thought I was slipping, I'm keeping it really real. I fully dominated a local game of s.k.a.t.e., it was my eleven years of experience against everyone else's three. The spoils of war? The booty? A new deck that anyone else would've given up a week's worth of rice for. I feel pretty good about myself, beating a bunch of kids, take that kids! This picture is proof that I'm officially Chinese.



Photo Cred: I don't know. I also didn't know there was prizes on the line, oops.
-----
"Cops on Rollerblades" - Jigger E. Pokery
----
Spinning De La, YeahYeahYeahs, Sufjan, Vangaalen,
---
I wrecked my ankle skating, it was probably karma for my earlier in the week display of accidental dickery. I hope I can comfortably walk in time for Chengdu next week. I'm going to go see the lady, and to go hang out with monkeys! I'm almost more excited to hang out with monkeys.
--
Working on ramp-plans for concrete mini-ramp in the house! Our landlord is shockingly tolerable of our requests.
-

No comments: